Bunkers & Badasses, for those who are unaware, is the amazingly silly RPG that debuted in Borderlands 2 as a Dungeons & Dragons parody RPG run by Tiny Tina, the game’s resident hyperactive explosion junkie. Filled with diamond horses and guns that shoot flaming swords (that turn into more flaming swords), the DLC in which is appeared is considered one of the most memorable creations in the Borderlands series. Now players can finally live their dreams as it was announced yesterday that the game would be coming to the real world and is available for pre-order right now! We reached out to Tiny Tina herself for a rundown of what the new game will contain:
“Ten mini vault hunter figurines. They are babies. Protect them
Fifty enemy standee thingies. Kill them
Seventy gun cards: blap blap go fish
BM screen: for hiding…………………..secret things
Borderlands dice. Keep rollin rollin rollin beebeeee”
We also reached out to the game’s publisher, Nerdvana Games, who gave us a slightly easier to understand press release. Check it out below!
September 12, 2020 – Frisco, TX – Bunkers & Badasses, a new tabletop game based on the critically-acclaimed and commercially-successful Borderlands franchise, will be available in early-2021, Nerdvana Games announced today. Bunkers & Badasses explores the Borderlands world of Pandora through a blend of epic fantasy adventures and traditional Borderlands environments. The game is available now for pre-order on www.NerdvanaGames.com. Bunkers & Badasses was made possible through a Nerdvana Games collaboration with Leder Games and Gearbox Entertainment.
“Based on the game-within-a-game from Gearbox Entertainment’s Borderlands series, Bunkers & Badasses is tabletop roleplaying unlike anyone has played before,” commented Kristy Junio Pitchford, founder of Nerdvana Games. “We’re thrilled to bring this incredible tabletop role-playing game to fans everywhere.”
To begin the game, players will use the deep, but intuitive, Bunkers & Badasses character creation system. They’ll pick from 10 newly-imagined Vault Hunter classes and skill trees from both Borderlands 1 and Borderlands 2.
The Bunkers & Badasses science-fantasy RPG sourcebook, which retails for $59.99, includes:
- The official Bunkers & Badasses hardbound sourcebook that guides all the enemy-shooting, skeleton-looting, treasure-hoarding tabletop action;
- Multiple adventures including the original printing of Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep—personally annotated by Tiny Tina herself—and The Merchant’s Quest for the Wizard’s Wand and Butt Stallion’s Hunny Heist, the never-before-seen sequel to Tiny Tina’s Assault Dragon Keep; (EN: Tina gave us a description of this new adventure: “Soooooo assault on dragon keep was so good your boy tina decided to make her own brand new campaign and its called BUTT STALLION’S HUNNY HEIST and it’s about gettin SMOOCHES and BLOWIN STUFF UP and talkin about FEELINGS but mainly BLOWIN STUFF UP youre WELCOME” Ahem.)
- More than 100 pieces of custom art inspired by the Borderlands universe; and,
- Multiple adventure campaigns that can be run straight out of the book, each full of Borderlands characters and enemies.
The Bunkers & Badasses RPG Deluxe Edition, which retails for $119.99, includes numerous premium components, including:
- Exclusive, custom-made Bunkers & Badasses dice;
- A one-of-a-kind die that is specially weighted to increase the chances of success when winning in the game;
- An exclusive stack of collectible gun cards for players; and,
- A set of 10 Borderlands miniatures created specifically for Bunkers & Badasses.
From September 12, 2020 until September 30, 2020, there is a pre-order sale for the Bunkers & Badasses RPG Deluxe Edition. Fans who order before September 30, 2020 can receive the Deluxe Edition for $99.99.
Have strong thoughts about this piece you need to share? Or maybe there’s something else on your mind you’re wanting to talk about with fellow Fandomentals? Head on over to our Community server to join in the conversation!
Images via Nerdvana Games