The votes are in, the envelopes are stuffed, and the trophies are polished! That’s right folks, on Wednesday August 14th, The Fandomentals will be playing host to the 4th (somewhat) Annual Carol Awards, the most prestigious of all awards shows solely devoted to honoring the greatness that was Game of Thrones season 8.
This year is as dramatic as ever! There was a complete tie in one category, and it will be decided live during the awards show. Of course our other live-Carol, The Editor’s Award for Most Egregious Nomination Oversight, is also sure to be a nail-biter, since there were over 250 write-in submissions.
For those wondering what to wear, it’s black tie, of course. This Carol Awards will be hosted by the MCs Kylie, Julia, and Caroline, with special guest award presentations from our Fandomentals friends and family: Jana, Blaire-Luna, Musa, Bo, Gretchen, Griffin, and former Fandomentalist guest LuciferMeansLightbringer. We’ve got quite the show ready for you, full of twists and turns and of course, dramatic satisfaction.
How can you prepare? Well, we’d argue no one is every truly prepared for those Golden Carols, but you might want to consider brushing up on Game of Thrones season 8:
- Jess’s marvelous season 8 episode reviews
- Unabashed Book Snobbery (the podcast)’s season 8 coverage
- Game of Thrones and the Great Aegon Mistake
- White Book, Spite Book
- Benioff and Weiss Should Have Attended Comic Con
- Mad Queen Daenerys is a Misogynistic Mess
- Okay, Let’s Talk Subverted Expectations
- Does Daenerys Even Remember Viserion?
- Yes, it’s Fine that You Were Uncomfortable with the Arya Scene
- Can We Go Back to the Fanfiction Episode?
- Arya Is Not The Problem
- Time to Pretend Sansa’s Unreasonable Again, I guess
Hopefully those titles alone are good reminders as to why we need to celebrate such success.
So coming to you at live, 8am EST on Wednesday 8/14, it’s the Official Season 8 Carol Awards. We’ll see you there!